Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lost Planet 2

I like this game... it isn't GREAT, but it is fun.  There are a few things i don't like that capcom did... for instance... I CANNOT PAUSE THE GAME?! WHAT?!  Who came up with this idea... Seriously, my choices are to clean out the level and get pelted by rounds, (yes there are swarms of enemies) and kill my time for the level losing possibility for S rank, or complete the WHOLE chapter which takes an hour, or just... DIE. that is it?  if you play one player and host a game so that people can drop in, to a 4 player co-op game... you can get owned.  This is the main thing, that makes me rate it 7 out of 10.

Practice/ Training mode...

Practice on this game is HARD!  like seriously, i couldn't beat the first beginner obstacle course. and i play video games a LOT!  I thought this was supposed to be a TUTORIAL! how am I supposed to complete it, if it is that hard.  to me, that makes no sense.

Last downside...

I tried starting a game on Hard.  and if you have read my blog, you know that I start games on hard for fun.  I like to be challenged... well... this game is not set up that you can do that.  Because it is designed to customize weapons, and infinite replay-ability, i could not get past 1-2.  the Akrid you fight just doesn't take enough damage from your pee shooter... because that is what it feels like you are shooting at it.  I felt like i was shooting spit balls, at the neighborhood bully who is about to own me, and give me a swirly.  Even tossing grenades into the air, and exploding them next to it's head, like it shows in the Demo in the beginning of the game, barely hurts it.  i went through at LEAST 20 grenades, and STILL only got it to MAYBE half of it's damage.  I put the game on normal, and i am breezing through the levels, and mostly getting S-Rank.  I do have to say, I think it is possible, that the game is harder because I own Resident Evil 5.  The reason I say this... you can put up a "title" for your character to be known by.  one of the ones I started with, was BSAA.  Which is who Chris Redfield works for in RE5. So that, could be the reason i was getting OWNED... but i doubt it was the sole reason.

All that aside, the game is a fun game in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment